The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dakbari (34) [Avatar] Offline
Hi authors,

I'm currently reading page 170 about EJB 3's TimerService. What about situations like say trigger any 5 minutes past a full hour? Situations that can be expressed via a cron expression.

Regards,
darya
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
Re: How can EJB 3's TimerService handle Cron Expressions?
Darya,

Good to hear from you, this is what the EJB 3.1 Timer enhancements are all about: http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=NewFeaturesEJB31.

For now, you can use EJB-Quartz integration or scheduling support built into your application server.

Cheers,
Reza
dakbari (34) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Reza,

Good to have you here smilie . I very much appreciate your book.

Thanks for the link, @Schedule sounds perfect.

Best Regards,
Darya
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
Darya,

No problems at all, as always I am trying to do what I can as time allows. Thanks so much for the kind words. I don't remember if you already have, but it would be great if you could leave us feedback on Amazon. That really helps the book and is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Reza