The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

woody (1) [Avatar] Offline
Apologies if this would normally be an editorial role - I understand this is an unedited MEAP draft currently, but hopefully the suggestions below will help - my intent is not to offend or step on any toes by completely rewriting, as I'm aware that the authors are non-english speaking.

That said - here's my take on the first paragraph or so ...

Welcome to the second edition of JUnit in Action. JUnit is a unit testing framework created by Kent Beck and Erich Gamma in 1995, since when it has grown in popularity to the point where it is the de-facto standard for unit testing Java applications.

The first edition, written in 2003 by Vincent Massol and Ted Husted, was a best-seller - dedicated to version 3.x of JUnit. In this edition we will try to cover the current version, 4.5 at the time of writing, including many features that were included after the first edition was produced.

At the same time we will also try to focus on other interesting techniques in testing your code such as the use of mock objects, JUnit extensions, testing different application layers and so forth.

Hopefully the above will help.
Kind regards