nkatoch2001 (35) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

Thank you for your time. I got the following while running the stateless session bean but no problem using ant:-

C:forJBossASjbosschapter2>ant run-slsb
Buildfile: build.xml

common:
[echo] BuildName: chapter2
[echo] BuildHome: C:forJBossASjbosschapter2
[echo] BuildFile: C:forJBossASjbosschapter2uild.xml
[echo] BuildJVM: 1.5

java-env-check:

init:
[echo] -----> Initializing project properties

run-slsb:
[echo] Executing client class using ./build/chapter2-slsb-client.jar
[java] DEBUG [main] (NamingContext.java:153smilie - Failed to connect to localhost:1099
[java] javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableExceptio
n: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:274)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1533)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:634)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
[java] at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
[java] at com.ejb3inaction.actionbazaar.client.PlaceBidClient.main(PlaceBidClient.java:15)
[java] Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectExcepti
on: Connection refused: connect]
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:24smilie
[java] ... 5 more

Please advise as I need any other setting/configuration in addition to the code provided in zip format. The chapter 1 is working fine on jboss 4.2.2.

Thanks again,

Naveen
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem Running Chapter 2 slsb
Naveen,

Please carefully read the included readme.txt. The application needs to be deployed and running for the client scripts to run.

Thanks,
Reza
nkatoch2001 (35) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem Running Chapter 2 slsb
Hi Reza,

Thanks for your time and reply. I was able to run this code as there was some problem with the firewall. All chapters upto 3 are working fine on JBoss 4.2.2 and I haven't run the code of chapter 4. I hope it will run fine.

Thanks again,

Naveen