The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

nkatoch2001 (35) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

Thank you for your time. I got the following while running the stateless session bean but no problem using ant:-

C:forJBossASjbosschapter2>ant run-slsb
Buildfile: build.xml

common:
[echo] BuildName: chapter2
[echo] BuildHome: C:forJBossASjbosschapter2
[echo] BuildFile: C:forJBossASjbosschapter2uild.xml
[echo] BuildJVM: 1.5

java-env-check:

init:
[echo] -----> Initializing project properties

run-slsb:
[echo] Executing client class using ./build/chapter2-slsb-client.jar
[java] DEBUG [main] (NamingContext.java:153smilie - Failed to connect to localhost:1099
[java] javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableExceptio
n: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:274)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1533)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:634)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
[java] at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
[java] at com.ejb3inaction.actionbazaar.client.PlaceBidClient.main(PlaceBidClient.java:15)
[java] Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectExcepti
on: Connection refused: connect]
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:24smilie
[java] ... 5 more

Please advise as I need any other setting/configuration in addition to the code provided in zip format. The chapter 1 is working fine on jboss 4.2.2.

Thanks again,

Naveen
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem Running Chapter 2 slsb
Naveen,

Please carefully read the included readme.txt. The application needs to be deployed and running for the client scripts to run.

Thanks,
Reza
nkatoch2001 (35) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem Running Chapter 2 slsb
Hi Reza,

Thanks for your time and reply. I was able to run this code as there was some problem with the firewall. All chapters upto 3 are working fine on JBoss 4.2.2 and I haven't run the code of chapter 4. I hope it will run fine.

Thanks again,

Naveen