The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

briantd (2) [Avatar] Offline
I've been using maven + netbeans a lot for my development, and I noticed that the latest Tuscany 2.0 milestone have maven archetypes available. I'd love to see some coverage on how to use maven effectively to jump start SCA development. On an aside, I'd be interested in knowing what containers are the most popular for deploying SCA services. Maybe Jetty?
raymond.feng (7) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Maven coverage?
Maven is used in Tuscany for both 1.x and 2.x stream as the build infrastructure. We started to add some maven archetypes in 2.x to automate some of the tasks, including creating a webapp. We also discussed the possibility to support the generation of an implementation/binding extension skeleton. Please watch the Tuscany ML.

Chapter 11 covers the hosting options for Tuscany. It's in the hand of Manning to review and will come into the MEAP soon.