jadeite100 (18) [Avatar] Offline
Hi:

I brought this book from amazon.com.
I am using weblogic 10 and I am trying to get chapter 1 to work.
I created the domain "ejb3_in_action" in weblogic 10. The id and password is "weblogic/weblogic".

I was able to run:ant package-app successfullly.

But when I rant:ant deploy
I get the following error:
build.xml:233smilieroblem:failed to create task or type wldeploy Cause: The name is undefined.
I looked at the chapter1uild.xml and the app.name is "chapter1".

I am not sure why I am getting this error.
Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated it?

Yours,

Frustrated.
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 1
Albert,

Debu wrote the WebLogic 10 code so I don't know much about it. I'll see if I can get a hold of him for you. Are you very averse to using the JBoss code instead? I wrote that and can help you in a much more direct fashion.

Cheers,
Reza
Hi Reza:

I really appreciated for getting back to me so soon. I don't know anything about jboss server. But I look at your notes in the jboss code download for this book "EJB 3 in Action" . It says I should download Jboss AS 4.2.2.GA
I see in the url http://jboss.org/jbossas/downloads/ there is 4.2.3.GA.

Should I download this instead?
I read from past posts in this forum you don't support jboss 5.
Therefore should I use AS 4.2.2.GA or AS 4.2.3.GA

Yours,

Frustrated.
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
Albert,

Yes, 4.2.3.GA should be fine...

Cheers,
Reza
Hi:

Reza, I installed C:jboss-4.2.2.GA installed of C:jboss-4.2.3.GA because
C:jboss-4.2.2.GA doesn't seemed to like jdk 1.5_16.

I was wondering if you support oracle. In your instructions.pdf you say the chapters will be using hsqldb. I am not that familiar with hsqldb.
I copy the oracle ojdbc14.jar to the jboss_homeserverdefaultdeploylib directory.
Can you please tell me what changes I needed to do in the JBossCodeExamplesjbossuild.xml
and JBossCodeExamplesjbosschapter1uild.xml to make it work for the chapters 1 to chapter 16 for Oracle.

Also can you please asked your co-author Debu why I get the following error whenever he has time. I know he is probably a very busy person:

I get the following error:
build.xml:233smilieroblem:failed to create task or type wldeploy Cause: The name is undefined.
I looked at the chapter1uild.xml and the app.name is "chapter1".

I also want the examples to work with Weblogic 10 because I brought the book for the weblogic examples because I used weblogic 10 at work.

For the local hsqldb that comes with jboss. How can I connect to it in dbVisualizer.

Is the database url:jdbc:hsqldb:db/hygiatemplate

Or is it something else. What is the id and password to connect to the hsqldb that comes with jboss. Sorry, to ask so many questions but I am not familiar with either jboss or hsqldb!!

Thank you for responding so fast and responding to my questions!!

Yours,

Frustrated.
dpanda (136) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry I'm transitioning between laptops so I don't have an environment to try out. But when I built the example, it focussed on the example domains shipped by BEA/Oracle.

The reason you are getting this problem is that the WLS env variables are not set

So you have to make sure that you change your domain names and the server names to customize to your domain/server name.

Also make sure that you run the command set the environment variables.

See the complete steps for running on WLS. You have to make changes appropriate to your env

http://debupanda.blogspot.com/2008/03/ejb-3-in-action-examples-on-weblogic-10.html

-Debu