The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

craig.berntson (25) [Avatar] Offline
Hi and welcome to the author's forum for our book. We hope you find it helpful in setting up your CI process. We're commited to writing a great book and with your help we can. Please post any suggestions or ideas about content, good and bad here. We'll look at all suggestions you make. Don't worry about punctuation, grammar, or English. All that will get fixed before we're done. Marcin and I will be checking in here often.

Craig
marcin.kawalerowicz (11) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome to the forum
You bet we will!

Continuous Integration in .NET is a book that we are writing for you. As the CI process relies on feedback we are too. Feel free to drop any comment you think will make this book better.

Marcin
grantpalin (13) [Avatar] Offline
I'm pleased to see this book appearing in the listings. Manning have set up a number of books about .NET in recent times, but there was a subject gap in the form of CI. I look forward to seeing detailed coverage of this subject, which is something I have been meaning to get my head around.

Off the bat, I would be interested to see comparison of different CI tools. There are more than a few, which complicates the learning matter. I am aware of CruiseControl, Hudson, and TeamCity, off the top of my head. Even if you use one throughout the book, comparing and contrasting the options would be useful
marcin.kawalerowicz (11) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Grant,

We deal with CI servers in chapter 4. Quick glance over TFS and more detailed CruiseControl.NET and TeamCity. Watch our MEAP for new chapters.

Best regards,
Marcin Kawalerowicz
oscarlagatta (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
I've been waiting for a book like this one for long time, finally it happened. Looking forward for the next chapters.
Good work.
craig.berntson (25) [Avatar] Offline
Good to hear that. We'll be interested in your feedback here on the forum. We've recently made some direction changes and will have lots of coverage of TFS 2010. Updated chapters 1 and 2 should be available soon.