The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ericj (1) [Avatar] Offline
In chapter 5 ant 01 does not work. jboss-web.xml must be in META-INF, not in WEB-INF.
See jboss-web_5_1.xsd.
PeterJ (83) [Avatar] Offline
Re: virtual host in jboss 5.1
I am confused. Looking at the ch05 source, jboss-web.xml appears in WEB-INF. Also, running the 01 target and examining the resulting WAR file shows jboss-web.xml still in WEB-INF.

I tried using both the latest source from subversion (which is the only source that works with 5.1) and the jbia-src-1.1.zip.

Is there something that I am missing?

(Oops, I misread your post. Time to go off and think about this...)

Message was edited by:
PeterJ
At this time I am not certain whether the text in jboss-web-5.1.xsd is incorrect or if this was a change made in AS 5.1.0.GA. If it is a change, then it is a very radical one (the jboss-web.xml file has been in WEB-INF for as long as I can remember). More research is in order.
I have it on good authority that it is a typo - the jboss-web.xml file is supposed to be in WEB-INF.

Thus there must be some other reason why the example doesn't work in 5.1.0.GA. I'll put it on my to-do list - unless Javid beats me to it smilie