The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

This topic is READ ONLY
Jaybo (3) [Avatar] Offline
According to my PC, Python will not download because it is a corrupted file. Is there a new file to download and use with Hello World?

Thank you
Re: Python corrupted
I almost forgot. It's microsoft word that I have.
2003 version
warren.sande (211) [Avatar] Offline
What our installer does is basically run a bunch of different Python package installers (for Pygame, Pythoncard, etc.) There is a small bug in one of the Python package installers.

Just to be clear, this is not a bug in the installer we made, but in one of the Python installers that we include in our installer. There's nothing we can do about that.

Just ignore the error (click OK). Everything will install properly.

If you have any trouble using it after running the installer, let us know.

Warren Sande
caryr (13) [Avatar] Offline
And while we are talking about installer problems. It appears that the easy_gui installer does not honor the global installation path. I installed everything into D:/python2.5, but easy_gui went into c:/python2.5. I simply moved the files to the appropriate place on the D: drive and will let you know if I find any other issues when we actually get the the easy_gui examples.