manojparida (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I am new to Wicket.

Could any one tell how to set up a new application using eclipse.
I do not want to download any examples but need to start a new application.
i want to run it as a web application by starting the server.
If possible share any documents or link you have.

Thanks,
Mango
a11158 (10) [Avatar] Offline
Re: How To Set up an Application
Try http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html for a quickstart-Project.
Hi,

I want to develop an application from the scratch with Tomcat as the application server.

I just wanted to know the project directories and the structures of all the class/other files in the project and would like to develop exactly in the same manner how we used to develop a web app.

For time being i do not want to use any build tool like ANT or Maven and just want to run the app in the tom cat server i.e. after doing any changes in the code just build and start the server and the app would work.

I tried developing in the above manner but i donot know how the index page would come.

If any one has developed an App of his/her own in Eclipse or similar IDE, the please share the steps.

Thank You,
Manoj
Hi,

In addition to the previous query, letz say i want to run the Cheeser App mentioned in the "Wicket In Action" book.

I downloaded the App, but saw it is not in a proper order to be used as an web App using Eclipse.

If any one has used the same project using Eclipse, then please share the steps.

Thank You,
Manoj
sumitkumar (2) [Avatar] Offline
If you are using an eclipse ...i am telling one simple way
1.create one dynamic web project
2.Within same package create two java classes one will extend WebPage and other will
extend WebApplication.and one markup file(html file )
3.copy latest jar file say apache-wicket-1.4.6 to your lib folder within project that u can download from apache wicket .
4.deploy and run through localhost
it will run
sumitkumar (2) [Avatar] Offline
If you are using an eclipse ...i am telling one simple way
1.create one dynamic web project
2.Within same package create two java classes one will extend WebPage and other will
extend WebApplication.and one markup file(html file ).. and configure ur web.xml
3.copy latest jar file say apache-wicket-1.4.6 to your lib folder within project that u can download from apache wicket
4.deploy and run through localhost
it will run

if u need code then revert ....tc buddy