chrishayuk (16) [Avatar] Offline
I just wanted to post up a follow up to Brian's message in the other thread. The MEAP version will soon be available on the site (next week or 2) and as Brian says, we have already done a third of the book (in draft format).

We are also very close to finishing the 2nd 1/3 of the book (again in draft format) so there should be a lot of content if you do decide to purchase the MEAP version.

At the moment you can see that the website states a print release date of March 2009. Myself and Brian are working to a very agressive schedule (see next post) to try and bring that in. We are really aiming to get the print version available for January.

Manning are very cool and have said is soon as the writing is finished and the final review has been finalized they will print the book as soon as possible. This means that it is on myself and Brian's plate to get this out on time.

We really do want the book to be released not long after PDC09 (hopefully January) as we don't really want to release a book that is missing features that are released in the first version

Myself and Brian are hoping that the first draft of the book will be done in September (and available in MEAP form) with changes / additions for the final production copy to reflect any new stuff in Azure between then and the print version