GDW62 (94) [Avatar] Offline
I just purchased the ebook/print book combo for the 2nd ed. I was given a download link for an ebook that appears to be the 1st ed (which I already have). The 2nd edition book page has a MEAP release date of June 2009 (no day specified). Is the 1st ed download just a placeholder until the MEAP is released? Is the MEAP still on schedule for a release this month?

Thanks,
Gary White
manning@biwabik.net (6) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Groovy in Action, Second Edition MEAP/ebook?
I just e-mailed manning support with the same question. I'll post back here if I get an answer before something is posted.
Mittie (397) [Avatar] Offline
Hiall,
announcing the start of MEAP for June has been premature (and was not coordinated with the authors - ahem). Sorry for the miscommunication.
Our goal is to have the worked over the first chapter by end of June but that is an internal schedule and whether this is actually worth starting the MEAP, I'm not quite sure.

Anyway, this summer is the time where we will do the majority of the work on the second edition and you can expect the MEAP progressing rather quickly. Since in MEAP, you eat the burger while it is grilled, please don't expect the same "finish" as in the final product.

thanks for you understanding
Dierk
GDW62 (94) [Avatar] Offline
I'll take cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, ketchup and mustard with mine please.