The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

This topic is READ ONLY
lmeyer26 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I am a Mac user. I know the book covers mostly Windows, but is it for the most part a similar experience? I'm actually a college student with absolutely no programming knowledge and it's been something I want to learn for a while.
warren.sande (211) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Mac
Yes, the experience should be very similar. We had a couple of Mac users who were reviewers of the book and tried all the programs. One of them was a 10-year-old. They didn't have any problems.

The biggest difference is installing Python and the modules you need to go with it, We have installers for Windows and Linux, but not for Mac.

There are instructions on the downloads page of this site, so it should go smoothly. Other Mac users have also been helpful on this forum.

Give it a try! Hope you have fun with it!

Regards,
Warren Sande