The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

tarlano (4) [Avatar] Offline
(start of second paragraph, page 17)

Error 1 : The first sentence of the second paragraph is "The example in this section is a form of lower a level task based parallelism, which is one of three approaches that we'll see in chapter 14."

I suspect that you wanted to write "The example in this section is a form of lower level task based parallelism, which is one of three approaches that we'll see in chapter 14." omitting that "a"

(start of third paragraph, page 17)

Error 2 : The first sentence of the third paragraph is "In the listing 1.9, you can see a query that updates all monsters in our fictive game and remove those that died in the last step of the game."

I suspect that "fictive" should be the more modern version "fictitious".

Error 3 : The second to the last sentence is "This means that after you'll read this book, you'll be able to use declarative programming more often when working with data"

I suspect that you meant "after you've read this book,..", since that is the correct tense.

Message was edited by:
tarlano

Message was edited by:
tarlano
Tomas Petricek (160) [Avatar] Offline
Re: 1.2.3 Writing efficient parallel and asynchronous programs
Hi,
thanks very much for the report. All of them are now fixed in the manuscript.

Tomas