The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

pickettjd (3) [Avatar] Offline
In your latest release of the book, you are aware that chapters 2 and 3 are missing? I assume that's becuase you are re-writing them for Flex 4. But since the book's examples build on one another, It's quite a gap between 1 and 4.

Thanks
pickettjd (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapters 2 and 3
Strike this, I see you wrote about 2 and 3 in your release e-mail.
emotioner (3) [Avatar] Offline
Excuse me, how can I get the release email you mentioned?

(I just got the MEAP as well.)
peterarmstrong (94) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

I know it's been a *very* long time, but Hello! Flex 4 is now complete--and almost completely rewritten. I've been really bad and totally stayed off of Author Online while I was doing this, since the rewrite was a total format change and took a brutal amount of work. So, sorry about not being responsive.

The old Twitter example from chapters 2-6 is now compressed into chapter 7 only.
Chapter 1 is half new, and chapters 2-6 are completely new. Chapters 1-6 now contain 26 self-contained workshop items, which include everything from small one-page examples, to a 3D rotating haiku to a Connect Four game. I hope you like the book!

The MEAP will be released sometime next week.

Thanks for your patience,
Peter