The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

DavidK (3) [Avatar] Offline
Here are some points on which I'm not sure whether they are correct:

Page 10:
The heading says "Creating user interface using imperative and declarative style (C#)" but the declarative style is shown in the left column. In my opinion this may be somewhat puzzling in the beginning.

Page 41:
"Language oriented Programming in LISP" should be a header in my opinion.

Page 167:
List.map has the signature 'T list -> 'R list because a transformation takes place.
According to the listing List.filter has 'T list -> 'R list too. This isn't correct as far as I see. ((T' -> bool) -> 'T list -> 'T list)

Page 182:
The presented part of your book uses the old title "Functional Programming in .NET", maybe this should be adjusted to match the new title.

Page 233:
In line 5 ,NET should be changed to .NET
In the heading to section 9.3 a space is missing between the number and the "Improving.."

Page 241:
The listing 9.8 isn't marked with the attribute which language is used. (The other listings in the chapter are)

Page 246:
The C# source is somewhat strange indented. The "{" after the using should be move to the right so it lines up with the closing parenthesis.

Page 251:
The heading matching to the listing of the ClientTest Interfaces is missing.

Page 284:
In the heading to section 10.3.2 is some strange sign at the end, a '|' or something like this.

I'm really enjoying the rewritten book so far, great work!

With best regards
Tomas Petricek (160) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Some minor unclarities/errors
Hi David,
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the book so far! Thanks very much for all the points - we haven't discovered any of them, so your feedback was very useful! I just fixed these isssues in the manuscript, so they should all be fixed in the next version (and in the final printed version too!)

Thanks,
Tomas