The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

siamackj (32) [Avatar] Offline
I do not know whether this would be too much to ask or not. I was wondering If some sort of project interchange can be provided that can be imported into RAD7.5 so that we can run sample apps on Websphere V7 with SCA feature pack.

I have managed to do it by copying manually individual files for chap01 and chap02 but hit a road block for other chapters as I do not use maven and could not find some of the source files [ not to mention that sample codes get more complicated than the first two chapters making manual copying much harder].

I will be more than willing to roll up my sleeves to help.
simon.laws (19) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Project interchange
Hi

Interesting thought. I think the best way to investigate this particular ideas is to jump on the Tuscany mail list as the code is there and there are likely to be people who know both environments. I imagine there are Tuscany specific extensions in the book that we describe that won't run on WebSphere but many of them should work. Any help over at Tuscany is much appreciated.