The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dalrympm (20) [Avatar] Offline
3/10/2009 Edition
Page: 261
Listing: 18.5 Unit Test for UserFacadeImpl

Annotated line (4) "User user = newUser(true)"

I'm assuming that the newUser(boolean) method is to be provided by EntitiesHelper but there is no indication what the boolean is for and the current code does not actually provide a method with that signature (as far as I can tell).

https://junitbook.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/junitbook/trunk/junitbook2/ch18-jpa/maven/src/test/java/com/manning/junitbook/ch18/model/EntitiesHelper.java
felipe.leme (18) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Pg. 261 UserFacadeImplTest - Undefined method called...
Hi,

You are right in both statements: that method belongs to EntitiesHelper, and it's not there.

Initially, there was a method called newUser(boolean withTelephone), but it has been split into newUser() and newUserWithTelephone(), but the test wasn't updated accordingly.

I took note of this issue and will fix it in the next batch of changes.

Anyways, thanks for catching and pointing such subtle bug smilie

-- Felipe