The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Richb (2) [Avatar] Offline
I have a PS script which seems to work just fine when run from the command line, however, when scheduled it does run but does not complete properly. Case in point, I am building a list of files from a query of an Oracle database, but none of the calls to the Oracle commands are run. This is on XP and somewhere I read that Net libraries won't work in scheduled PS script because of something to do with the console window?
franck (17) [Avatar] Offline
Re: PS Script - Scheduled Task
Hi Richb

When you run a script at the prompt (Command window), your credential (Username/Password) will be used.

Scheduled tasks run, per default, in 'System' context. You have to check that the used user in textbox 'Run as:' has enough rights for accessing the Oracle DB.

I hope this will help you

Best Regards
Franck
Richb (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: PS Script - Scheduled Task
Say thanks for the idea, but this particular task is running with my login credentials which has no problem accessing Oracle through the script ran from the command prompt.