The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ErikEngerd (11) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I ordered this book on 26th March but have not received any update mails from Manning? Has the book been updated since (in other words: do I have a mail problem?) or have no updates been published?

Cheers
Erik
richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
Re: When was the latest version released?
I don't actually know when the updates are placed online, but the most recent was updates to chapter 1-4 and a new chapter 6, I believe. So, if you have those you are likely ok.

We recently sent some more chapters out for review, so I think they should be finding their way to MEAP. Hopefully, we will make chapters 5, 7, and 9 available before too long.

Sorry for the delayed response.
ErikEngerd (11) [Avatar] Offline
It is now more than a month later. Can we expect new chapters soon?

Cheers
Erik
richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
You are right, we are running a little behind schedule. No excuses, but we are working on it, just more slowly than we would like. Sorry.

We did just enlist another colleague to help us out as an additional author to help get it done quicker, David Savage from Paremus. So, we are hopeful we will make some progress soon. smilie

We hope to have a draft of Ch 5 available in a week or two as well as updates to existing chapters.