jafar (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I tried running rake in iteration 2.3.3 for the newdb.bat file and i received this error.

rake aborted!
undefined method 'each' for <#Mysql:0x2dae3e4>

And when I start the server as soon as I click on the Hello World button, the server shuts itself down with a message:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."

Any suggestions please?
dwhogg (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: 2.3.3 - undefined method 'each'
I have the exact same problem running on Windows XP and MySQL 5.1.30. Any help appreciated!
dwhogg (3) [Avatar] Offline
I managed to solve my problem - but not exactly in a clean way! The problem is apparently related to different versions of the libmysql.dll.

I had installed mysql using XAMPP 1.7.1. The version of mysql that is installed is 5.1.33. However, XAMPP also has DIFFERENT libmysql.dll versions in both the apache/bin and php directories. What I did was copy the libmysql.dll from the PHP directory (not sure what version that one is) to my ruby/bin directory - and all was well. Note that if I copy the libmysql.dll from the mysql/bin directory - then I continue to get the same error message described above!

Arrgg! However, I least I can limp on to iteration 3... Hope that helps!
LoneWolf345 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I am having the same issue. I wish we could get a little better way to solve this issue.
LoneWolf345 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I was able to get it working now. I did something similar to what dwhogg did. I had an older version of mysql on my computer so I just copy/pasted the libmysql.dll file to the new version of mysql.
lostCoder (2) [Avatar] Offline
I have the same problem and putting the libmysql.dll in ruby/bin and System32 folder did not work for me. I think this might be a Windows 7 issue on my end.