The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

vyurik (76) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Tijs,
Hello all,

The book 6.3 section gives simple examples of connection between a database endpoint and a file endpoint.
I wonder if you know any example where both endpoints are databases (of different types or the same type). Data from the input database tables of are extracted, transformed, and written to the output database tables.

Thanks and regards,
Vitaly
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Two database endpoints interaction with Mule, ServiceMix or any other ESB
Hi Vitaly,

You can very easily combine the JDBC input and output examples of, for example Mule, into one. Do you run into problems when implementing such an example?

Best regards,

Tijs
vyurik (76) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Two database endpoints interaction with Mule, ServiceMix or any other ESB
Hi Tijs,
Thanks for your quick answer.
I didn't have problems running your examples and I am going to combine them into database endpoints on both sides.
My question was related to a commercial runtime integration of data between Oracle and SQL server using an ESB.

Thanks,
Vitaly