The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

naspar (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello to everybody !!

I am tryng to create a dynamic menu with scriptaculous .. by using the BlindUp and BlindDown effects.
I Would like to close an opened manu, when i am trying to open another one .. and i dont know how to catch it inside the javascript side .. it should be identified in automated way.

Could someone help me by telling where i can found some good examples ? i tried to check trhough google but i just found only examples which does not working properly.

The main problem for me is to close an opened menu when i am tryng to open another one .

let’s say that i have the following situation:

menu a –
sub menu a1 –
sub menu a2 –
sub menu a3

menu b –
sub menu b1 –
sub menu b2 –
sub menu b3

menu c –
sub menu c1 –
sub menu c2 –
sub menu c3

i want to open the menu A , and when i click on Menu B (and a is opne) i would like that javascript close the menu A etc etc ..

thanks in advance for any answers !!!!!