The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

jblack1395 (36) [Avatar] Offline
I think the three #A's on the first part should have at least one #1, and likewise for pointing out which line is #4. By reading through carefully I can figure it out, but it might be helpful if you pointed it out, so we could have less work. smilie

Thank you.
Tomas Petricek (160) [Avatar] Offline
Re: List 6.16 refers to #1 without directly pointing it out
Hi,
are you refering to the listing "Listing 6.16 Type inference process for 'Option.bind' function (F#)"? We changed the numbering a bit, so I just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing! If that's the case, the "#1" and other numeric references refer to the snippet showing the implementation of bind in the beginning of section 6.5.1. Is that what looks confusing?

I agree this needs some clarification (I was actually confused for a while when getting back to this too), but I'm not yet sure what are the typesetting options for this. Surely, we'll find something readable smilie.
jblack1395 (36) [Avatar] Offline
Re: List 6.16 refers to #1 without directly pointing it out
Thank you for the clarification, I didn't realize that those references were for the snippet. But yes, that is the listing I was talking about.