The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

fjanon (62) [Avatar] Offline
Will there be something about iPOJOs in the book?

Also the presentation at <http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/ipojo-berlin-20080611.pdf> cannot be downloaded, the download never finishes or generates an invalid document. Sorry to mention that here but there is no easy way to report that on the Felix web site or directly to Richard Hall, very email elusive smilie.
richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
Re: iPOJOs?
We are contemplating including something on iPOJO, but we will have to wait and see. Regarding the iPOJO presentation, someone else complained about it once on the Felix mailing lists, but I am able to download it without difficult...so I am not sure what the issue it.

Regarding my email address, no one has ever accused me of being hard to find. smilie Apparently, you do not subscribe to the Felix mailing lists.
I tried to download the document from 2 different computers with 2 different browsers and got the same result when trying to open the document with Acrobat reader: "There was an error opening the document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired". Is there another site where I can download it from? I guess if only 2 persons mentioned the problem, that could indicate that there not much interest in iPOJOs then. Too bad.

I did not subscribed to the Felix mailing list because of the virulent listivitis... smilie

Fred
I tried to download it from three different operating systems and was able to do so successfully. Not sure what you want me to do, but if you were subscribed to one of the Felix mailing lists, you could ask me to send it to you directly.
I believe my email address is public in this forum and it's here again fjanon [@] yahoo {dot} com. Thanks for sending me a copy of the iPOJO presentation. If it can help I am using Win XP pro and Home 32 bits with IE6 and FF2 and 3.
stuart.mcculloch (29) [Avatar] Offline
FWIW I tried downloading the presentation just now using Firefox on Windows and got a corrupted download, although this has worked in the past. So then I decided to use wget (from cygwin) to download the presentation and I got a valid file.

So it looks like an intermittent problem, may be more to do with the Apache infrastructure rather than the file on the server, which is a valid presentation (when you can download it!).
I just sent you the slides. I blame the Apache infrastructure. Stuart is in Malaysia, Karl is in Germany, and I am in the USA, so we have tried to download them from different parts of the world with success. Maybe Australia is a deadzone. smilie