The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

schildmeijer (15) [Avatar] Offline
I just bought the MEAP version of osgi in action. I then discovered that the FREE chapter 1 had some discrepancies compared to the chapter 1 in the MAEP, non free, version.

Which chapter 1 is the most recently updated one?
richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Most recent update?
The most recent version of the chapter is in MEAP. The free chapter will be updated soon. Of course, I have more updates for Ch1, so they will all be outdated soon enough. smilie
aha, I thought that the first four chapters were finished and frozen. But I understand if thats no the case. Are there any possibilities to see the deltas when a new release is made?
richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
No, the chapters are definitely not frozen at this point, so please give feedback.

Do you mean something like change bars or something visible in the document? I am not sure about that. I agree it might be helpful so you can no where to revisit.

I am not sure how Manning handles this, but I can look into it.
Yes, thats exactly what I mean. Would be very convenient. Please post a reply if anything regarding this issue appears.