The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

tedyoung (12) [Avatar] Offline
[A wordo is like a typo, but it's a word that while spelled correctly, is the wrong word to use.]

2nd para after code listing p301:

"After release 4.5, tests in JUnit are executed in a block of statements."

Shouldn't that be "As of release 4.5...executed as a block..."?

Actually, that entire para is a bit hard to understand. Also, it refs fig. B2, which doesn't appear until p313 (12 pages later).

Last line in last para p302:

"JUnit framework to ease the people in creating custom runners."

"ease the people" should probably be something like "ease the creation of custom runners".
petar.tahchiev (11) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Typo/Wordo: 3/10/09 edition
Hi Ted,

thanks for the feedback smilie. None of me and Felipe is a native English speaker, and there might be even more of these typos, wordos... Particularly this Appendix was written by me, so the shame is on me smilie.

Anyway, I do believe that these kind of feedback is valuable, despite the fact that the chapters in the MEAP are straight from the author, and have not passed any editing.

I will personally take care of making the Appendix typo/wordo