The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mcraghead (7) [Avatar] Offline
I am reading through the sample chapter (I think I will purchase it this week) and saw a couple of things thus far.

In the last sentence on page 2, "...one objectand others..." should be, "...one object and others..." I'm fairly certain this would have been caught before the book is printed but thought I would point it out just in case.

Also in chapter 1, page 3, section 1.2, the figure listed 1.2 text refers to and Emailer and a Spellchecker, but the figure shows an Apple and a Core. There doesn't seem to be any discussion in the chapter of an Apple and a Core. Maybe this discussion was intended to be dropped, but the figure never was. On page 4 there is a second figure 1.2 that does show an Emailer and an English Spellchecker. There is no figure 1.3. The next figure is labeled 1.4 on page 5.

Michael K. Craghead
dhanji.prasanna (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Sample Chapter - Editing Error and Possible Figure Error
Hi,

Thanks for pointing those out. Appreciate it.

Yes they will be fixed in the up coming copy-edit phase. The illustration is already fixed in my manuscript.

Regards,
Dhanji.
John B (2) [Avatar] Offline
On page 12 of the Sample Chapter this sentence, "Rather than set the dependency directly, must pass in the mock via the factory:" is missing the Subject.

It should read, "Rather than set the dependency directly, we must pass in the mock via the factory:"

[or "you" or "one"]
John B (2) [Avatar] Offline
On page 15, this paragraph:

"It removes the need for clients to know about their dependencies and how to create them, just as factories do
And leaves behind the problems of shared state and repetitive clutter, by moving construction responsibility to a library"

This has several problems. It is one long run on sentence, there is no period, "And" is capitalized, indentation is incorrect.

Perhaps should read, "It removes the need for clients to know about their dependencies and how to create them, just as factories do. It also leaves behind the problems of shared state and repetitive clutter, by moving construction responsibility to a library.