The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Daboe_ (7) [Avatar] Offline
In shell snapshot "Simple shell demonstration session"

In the picture, you keep referencing bundle id 4 for starting, stopping, updating, ... while the `bundles' command lists bundle `foo' as bundle id 2

Also (unless I missed a part), the "getTelnetBinding" method is used to create a telnet server interpreting commands. It seems this method is not defined in the text. Is it meant to be that way?
Daboe_ (7) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Ch 3 : Some comments
Also :

It is actually not necessary in our example to remove the listeners, since the framework will
do so automatically when our bundle is stopped; this ONLY makes sense since the bundle
context is not valid once the bundle is stopped
(drop the ONLY, is repeated in next sentence too)
karl.pauls (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Ch 3 : Some comments
Thanks for the comments. I will look into it.

Regarding the "getTelnetBinding", this is meant to be that way in order to not make it to complicated. I will try to point it out more clearly.