kent (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Thank you for WIA, I like it. I also like the site wicketinaction.com , but I would like a way for me to start at the first post and read all of them in chronological order. At the moment I can only browse by tag, which makes this task extremely hard. If you do not feel that an archive using dates is good for the site, how about a next/previous post link at the end of each post? That way I could go back myself by repeatedly clicking the previous post link. smilie

Best regards, Kent
dashorst (107) [Avatar] Offline
Re: wicketinaction.com browse by date or at least next/previous post links
I'll look into it when we upgrade to a new version of wordpress. But it might take a while.
You added the browse archives by date box with the new design, and now you have removed it again. I can't understand why? smilie

As it is now it's *impossible* to find all posts. If you click on a tag there still is no pagination, so for example you can't find all posts tagged Wicket as there is more than 10 which the posts per page limit seems set to.

Is there a hidden URL which Wordpress provides I could navigate to directly for some archive listings?

There must be a whole lot of nice material and hard work from you and others lost due to this fact. Adding pagination links would be a 20 minute job (I've used Wordpress) and it would make all those nice articles accessible again.

Best regards, Kent
dashorst (107) [Avatar] Offline
I've never added the calendar to the wicketinaction.com website, but I did change the layout of martijndashorst.com, which might've gotten you confused. Wicket in action has a custom theme, while martijndashorst.com has a default theme (albeit a third party one).

My free time is severely limited, and while I don't mind dabbling a bit now and then in wordpress, it definitely is not my hobby.

I've added the calendar widget to the sidebar. But for now that is the most I can do.

I plan to revisit the design in the near future to make the content box a bit wider, to enable easier reading of source code. I'll take the paging stuff with it as well. But that is only provided I am able to work on the site...
The calender widget is defenitely enough, thank you! And yes, I must have been confused by the layout of your personal site. I did some work in the meantime (using Google to find posts), but it's not necssary now: http://delicious.com/kent.larsson/WicketInAction . Anyway, thank you again!