The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

snichols (1) [Avatar] Offline
Is it difficult to allow the user to resize the dashboard widgets? I'm working on a GWT project that uses horizontal splitters and vertical splitters, HorizontalSplitter and VerticalSplitter, that allows the user to resize the applications within the splitters, but they're in a fixed location.

I like how the dashboard discussed in "GWT in Action" allows the user to move the application around on the screen, but it doesn't allow the user to resize the windows.

So I want both in my app: resizable and moveable windows.

Scott

Message was edited by:
snichols

Message was edited by:
snichols
robert.hanson (173) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Resizable Dashboard
Sure, it is possible, but I don't have any code lying around to do that.

You could add it yourself though, it would just be a matter of providing some "thing" in the corner that have a mouse listener. You then listen for mouse-down, followed by mouse-move, and finally mouse-up.

If you look around it is very likely that someone will have already created a widget like that where you can borrow their code.