bmills (9) [Avatar] Offline
It's looking a fair few chapters still need to be written, but I noticed a Jan 28, 2009 release date on amazon.com. I'm hoping this is true, but I'm guessing not. Any news on when the book will be released or at least when the views chapter will be released for preview?
ben.scheirman (54) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Release?
The book release date is very dependent on the release date on the ASP.NET MVC Framework. I don't expect it to RTM in January. Once you see a final release date for the framework, the release date for our book will be more reliable.

Sorry for the confusion!
But aren't the features pretty much set now? I'm really keen to check out the Views chapter - however rough it might be right now.
ben.scheirman (54) [Avatar] Offline
Not entirely. The latest RC changed quite a bit. We want to make sure the information is not at all stale when the book ships.
Thanks for releasing some chapters. I'm reading the one on views right now and it looks pretty good already. Much easier that trying to figure out how things work from Scott Guthrie's blog posts.
ryanriv (3) [Avatar] Offline
Good news, ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Release Candidate Now Available smilie

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2009/01/27/asp-net-mvc-1-0-release-candidate-now-available.aspx

One step closer!