citu_adrian (17) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

Here are my comments about the chapter 9:

- "The Spring framework, the de-facto standard for creating enterprise applications.."; As far as I know the de-facto standard for creating enterprise application (in Java) is JEE and Spring is a wide-used framework that facilitate the creation of enterprise applications. What I want to say is that this phase is to subjective for my taste smilie.

- 9.2.1 A quick introduction to dynamic proxy. The dynamic proxies works only for interfaces and I think it should be added to the list of drawbacks (beside the lack of a pointcut language, the explicit creation of proxy and the weakly typed access to join point context).

- page 250
<aop:aspectj-autoproxy>
<aop:include name="auditAdvice"/>
</aop:aspectj-autoproxy>

I think the name of the bean is auditAspect not auditAdvice since in the example from the Figure 9.5 the aspect bean has this name.

Cheers,
Adrian
ramnivas (171) [Avatar] Offline
Re: comments about the chapter 9
Adrian,

As usual, you made good suggestions. I incorporated all of them.

For the de-facto claim, I modified the first sentence to "The Spring framework, a widely used enterprise application framework, is based on three core ideas: dependency injection, enterprise services abstraction, and aspect-oriented programming.".

For the dynamic proxies, I added a note regarding CGLIB and other approaches that can mitigate the interface-only drawback.

The last one, I fixed the typo.

Thanks.

-Ramnivas