The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

jens.riboe (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I just downloaded the full ZIP and tried the echo example of Mule. I got a strange error
eval: 1: /home/.../mule-2.0.2/lib/boot/exec/wrapper-linux-x86-32: not found
The file indeed exists and is executable.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 64bit.

After some investigation, I found out that by removing the execute bit of the 32bit wrapper, the mule startup script finds the 64bit wrapper instead and starts as expected.

The startup script claims "If a 32-bit wrapper binary exists then it will work on 32 or 64 bit" (line 267), which for at least my flavor of linux is not valid.

Anyway, if anybody runs into the same problem this tip will save some frustration time.

Happy new year,
/jens
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: How to run Mule at Ubuntu 64bit
Hi Jens,

Thanks for the info! Maybe also something to communicate on the Mule mailing list as well.

Best regards,

Tijs