blowagie (284) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,
I'm the author of iText (a free Java-PDF library) and of the book "iText in Action". I've read chapters 1 tot 11 of your book (I'll send an update of my review after I've finished the last two chapters).
While I was reading I was wondering: do you think there's a need for a library on Android that is capable of producing PDF?
If so, do you think it would be interesting for me to create a distributable of iText compiled for Android? What do you think would be an acceptable size for an iText jar for Android (I'm thinking of making a trimmed down version of iText).
If I make such a jar, would Google be interested in hosting it? If so, who should I contact?
best regards,
Bruno
dhinojosa (20) [Avatar] Offline
Re: PDF Creation on Android
YES! YES! I am not an author or contributor to the book. I just want to say how awesome that idea is.
bilgiciftligi (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Bruno,

would like to say it would be great if you port it to Android. Hoping forward to see it, and hopefully soon.
frank.ableson (75) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Bruno,

Considering the fact that PDF is everywhere - I think having your library on Android would be a fantastic idea. If your work is open source, you can host it directly on google yourself. What exactly do you have in mind there?

Frank
blowagie (284) [Avatar] Offline
iText is F/OSS available under the MPL and it's widely spread. It's even used by Google: see http://smallwig.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-google-java-engineers-do-while.html
I've already tried some examples in the book, now I'd need to write my own example using iText (note that I'll only be able to test it on the emulator). I didn't have the time yet, but if that works, I'd like to create a trimmed down version of iText with many different small jars instead of the big core jar and the smaller extra jars we have now (to reduce the space that is needed). This is a project (one of the many projects I have in mind) that will cost time, and that's why I'm asking if it's a good idea.
Although iText is crucial in some Google applications, I've received a big NO from Chris DiBona when I asked for some kind of support for iText from Google, so I'm kind of "once bitten, twice shy". That was over a year ago, maybe politics at Google have changed towards F/OSS?
jettimadhu (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
Now i am working on android application for Pdf file by using iText libraries.But i didnt get any solution for this.
is anyone know the procedures to get a pdf file?

Please provide some links or code for this.

Waiting foe reply.....
Hary (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,
This is my problem.
I have an pdf file that I can take via an url and I need to show this pdf in my android application. I can do this easily when I use google docs instance with the google docs url prefix "http://docs.google.com/gview?embedded=true&mobile=true&url=http://www.xxxxxx.xxx.com/document.pdf"
I tried to use the Intent android function but it comes out of my application (I prefer to embed it in my Android application)
And I wonder if I can read this pdf file like with using google docs, without using the google tools but in using the iText library for java.
I already try to use it but I have only the text of the pdf, I can't show the pdf file in totality (like using google docs).
Thanks for your reply, I don't know what to do.
Rolandcharcker (1) [Avatar] Offline
It is a great idea that creating a iText compile document for android. This will help user to access your book easily. Try to do it. this custom essay writing service will help you to do any writing works.
416437 (1) [Avatar] Offline
It would be interesting to create a distributable of iText compiled for Android. If you have any problem in case of writing you can easily find help from term paper writing service through online. This service are always ready to help you at any time.
425753 (1) [Avatar] Offline
You have come up with a great idea of PDF creation on android. The iText compile for android was really useful and have well explained about that. top 3 essay writing services is ready to help you any time if have any doubt in your essays and score high in academics.
434984 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Brilliant idea. I never think about in such a way that there's a need for a library on Android that is capable of producing PDF.Yes it is very essential and hope you can finish this project in a successful way. Lets start your work top rated essay writing service is their to get more help.
439678 (1) [Avatar] Offline
djcn
446696 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I have never thought of the requirement of Library on Android platform and it could converted into pdf too. This is brilliant idea you have come up with and shared. Hoping for further good ideas from you. Best essay writing service reviews is ready to help you with full wish and support.
452099 (1) [Avatar] Offline
You need to explore lots of great articles at https://essay4today.com/ where you find even more tutorials on improving your writing skills.
453886 (6) [Avatar] Offline
416437 wrote:It would be interesting to create a distributable of iText compiled for Android. If you have any problem in case of writing you can easily find help from term paper writing service through online. This service are always ready to help you at any time.

Java language can be very hard to create. It's really awesome to know that someone is willing to share their knowledge for the benefit of other people, just like the experts via Coolessay rating who are very keen into sharing what they know.
466019 (1) [Avatar] Offline
you can use any tool for creating a PDF file in mobile but now this type of androids are introduced
Writing Essayz Service which have PDF feature already one more thing is play store through which you can easily install any aap.
453886 (6) [Avatar] Offline
It will really be cool if we can use our android phones in creating different pdf files of just about anything. Students from procustomwriting are very excited to try this one soon.