The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Don Stadler (74) [Avatar] Offline
Tjis,

This is one of those aaaarrrrrgggghhhh moments.

I am running Eclipse Ganymede, the 3.4 version. When I tried to load the BPEL plugin I got a lot of what look like unsatisfied dependencies errors, so I googled for "eclipse plugin bpel" and found the BPEL plugin site.

I did my best to download all the dependencies they list, then tried again. One remaining unsatisfied dependency, but the message is pretty cryptic:

Cannot complete the request. See the details.
Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements Match[requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/javax.wsdl/[1.5.1.v200806030408,1.5.1.v200806030408]].

Ok, I go looking again and learn that the BPEL plugin (version 0.3.0) doesn't maybe support Ganymede. They do specify Europa on the info page. Concusion: I must download and use Europa. I do so, unzip, etc.

Try to start Europa. No dice, I get a jvm splash page error.

Any ideas?

Message was edited by:
Don Stadler
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Cannot install Eclipse BPEL plugin.....
Don,

Just to be sure, did you try the website we mention on page 427 of the book?

http://download.eclipse.org/technology/bpel/update-site/

Because this update should install every dependency with it. Let me know if this was not working for you and I will repeat the installation steps myself on a clean Eclipse.

Best regards,

Tijs
ds555 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Tjis,

I added the site to my Ganymede instance, and have been trying to install it. But when I click it the Install button is disarmed, which should mean the plugin is up to date.

Later: I checked Eclipse again and this time the Install button was armed. I installed it and it failed on the same error message:

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements Match[requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/javax.wsdl/[1.4.0.v200806030407,1.4.0.v200806030407]].

Message was edited by:
ds555
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Don,

I just installed the BPEL Plugin from the update website I mentioned in the previous post on a clean Eclipse Europe installation. And it works without any additional installation steps. So I would recommend to download a fresh europe installation and try to update from the Eclipe BPEL plugin website. That should work.

Best regards,

Tijs