The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Don Stadler (74) [Avatar] Offline
Tjis,

Is there a simple way to change the test client's list of interests? I added a new Coral Diving Agency, and learned that just because JjPDL allows you to specify an action doesn't mean that all the infrastructure is put in place to handle the action. So I just searched for every instance of 'shark' in the code base, which showed me where everything was being configured.

Problem was that the test client seems to be hard-coded to the preset list and won't accept any other. I tried running the JUnit test but it gets a NullPointerException on the line:

ScubaDivingBooking booking = (ScubaDivingBooking) objectMsg.getObject();

It does so even when I kick the timeout on the consumer.recieve() up to 20000 from 2000, so it doesn't seem to be getting the response.

Apart from that the example worked well.

Message was edited by:
Don Stadler
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 11 - how to change Swing Test client?
Don,

Please sent me your full project code, because it's difficult to say something based on this description. Just sent it to tijs.rademakers@gmail.com and I'll take a look.

Best regards,

Tijs