The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Don Stadler (74) [Avatar] Offline
Tjis,

I have been having a detailed look at the config files for the Servicemix transformation example, including trying to follow some of the bean urls at the top. I had been assuming that when I followed a url like
"http://servicemix.apache.org/jms/1.0",

which defines a namespace named jms in the jms xbean.xml, I would find an xml document on the end of it, or something like it.

But that doesn't appear to be the case. When I paste it into my IE 7 browser I get "Web page cannot be found".

I had assumed that there was something on the other end which would make sense to me when I looked at it, somethng like 'consumer', which is defined right afterward. I've been assumng that camel patterns, eip patterns, etc are defined in this manner, but cannot seem to find definitions.

Can you point me to a resource which can explain how the configuration files work? Perhaps I missed something in an earlier chapter?

Message was edited by:
Don Stadler
Re: Question about configuration Chapter 5 Servicemix transformation
Tjis,

The question I am asking is what mechanism we are using. I set up an xbean.xml file and it gets included in a zipped folder in the servicemix hotdeploy directory.

I looked more deeply into the namespace question I asked earlier and learned that XML namespaces aren't the mystic XML libraries I had imagined. Yet looking at Appendix E I see that certain operations are definately mapped to particular namespaces. Looking at Appendix D I see a similar dynamic applies to Mule.

I'm at the beginning of Chapter 6 and haven't yet seen a section explaining how this works - how the various namespaces and xml operation definitions interact with the continer (either Mule or Servicemix). Can you point me to an explanation (either in the book or online)? I think this is something one needs to know.

Cheers,

Don
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Don,

Yes this is a bit mystic. For ServiceMix, you can find the XSDs in the corresponding JBI component jars. So for example the JMS XSD can be found in the servicemix-jms-3.2.1-installer.zip file (hotdeploy directory) and then the servicemix-jms-3.2.1.jar. The name of the xsd is servicemix-jms.xsd, and that's also the place where the namespace of the JMS binding component is defined. The same mechanism is also true for the other JBI components of ServiceMix. You will not find the xsds available on the Internet. Does this make sense?

For Mule it's a bit different but not too much. The namespaces for mule actually point to a real xsd available via the internet. For example the XSD for the STDIO transport can be found on http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/stdio/2.0/mule-stdio.xsd. But you can also find the XSD and the namespace definition in the mule-transport-stdio-2.0.2.jar (lib/mule directory).

Hope this provides the explanation you were looking for. I will update the description on esbinaction.com with this explanation also in a few weeks.

Best regards,

Tijs
Tjis,

Thank you, I think that explains it nicely, or rather gives me the info I need to work it out for myself. Better actually from my POV.

For me knowledge seats itself more thoroughly when I begin with a working example, then dig into all parts of it to determine how and why it works, which is why I asked the question.
Tjis, the explanation worked for the jms installer file, but when I unzipped the camel installer then unjarred the cervicemix-camel.jar there was no std to be found.

Ay idea where that is?
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Right, that's because Apache Camel is a project on its own (activemq.apache.org/camel). You can find the Camel xsd at
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd

Best regards,

Tijs