The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Don Stadler (74) [Avatar] Offline
I cranked up Servicemix with:

ant -f ch5-examples.xml start

Then deployed with:

ant -f ch5-examples deploy-insurance-eip

I saw a hotdeploy event on the servicemix instance. Then I started the Swing
client, navigated to the chapter5 Servicemix eip example, started the rec1 box, and ran msg1. I see no evidence that anything happened on either the servicemix or the swing client startup windows, and nothing in the swing client itself. I then did the same for rec2 and msg 2 with the same (lack of) result.

What if anything was supposed to occur? I poured over the instructions for the servicemix-eip looking for missed steps, didn't see anything.
Chapter 5 camel example - similar experience
The servicemix-camel exercise seems very similar to the servivemix-eip example, with similar results. I started servicemix with the ant start target, deployed it with deploy-insurance-camel, saw the hotdeploy.

Tried to send a message using the Swing client by starting the out box, then sending the message. Nothing happened.

Obviously I'm missing something here, but what?
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 5 camel example - similar experience
Hi,

By default the Swing test client uses c:/osesbinaction as the installation directory for the book's environment. You can see that a xml is created in c:/osesbinaction/esb/apache-servicemix-3.2.1/insuranceInbox. So in the preferences menu item of the Swing test client you can change the installation directory. But I noticed that this doesn't work as designed yet. So I'll have to do some bugfixing there.
In the meantime, just drop the insurance-request.xml file (located in the resources/chapter5/eip directory) in the esb/apache-servicemix-3.2.1/insuranceInbox directory. Then the file should be moved to the insuranceCar directory.

Best regards,

Tijs
Chapter 5 examples kind of working
I got servicemix-eip, servicemix-camel, and servicemix-camelDSL working.

The first two co-exist OK but servicemix-camelDSL didn't like something which had been deployed before it. It's quite picky.

It's probably best to undeploy each of the previous examples before deploying a new one. Go to the servicemix hotdeply forder and delete any previous examples before deploying a new one.

Message was edited by:
Don Stadler
ESB-Harry (5) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 5 eib example: What is supposed to happen?
Hi,

i also tried to do it the way mentioned above, but it doesn´t work.
The result file always appears in the insuranceInbox directory.

Thank you

ESB Harry
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Hi ESB Harry smilie

Do you mean that you see a result or response file, but that it appears in the insuranceInbox directory? Or is the input or request file not consumed from this directory. Could you explain a bit more detailed what's happening?

Best regards,

Tijs
ESB-Harry (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

in this example the result appears in the insuranceinput directory.
I did not find out the solution, but i implemented the router for my example and it works.

Best regards.
Harry