The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ree5 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi!
First of all great book!
As for second I would like to ask in what tool have you drawn all the diagrams in your book? They look cool and I would like to adopt this style to visualize my flows.

Best Regards
JG
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Drawing diagrams
Hi,

Thanks!
We used Microsoft Visio and the Enterprise Integration Patterns template as the foundation. If you're interested I can make the Visio templates available for download at http://esbinaction.com, just let me know.

Best regards,

Tijs
MauroS (3) [Avatar] Offline
I will appreciate the diagrams too, my boss asks for some documentation of my work smilie

Thank you
The Visio diagrams are now available for download at http://www.esbinaction.com/graphics_visio.html.

Have fun!

Tijs
baltner (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi:

I got the visio stencil but when I try to use the shapes to create a drawing I cannot get the master shapes to turn into instnaces on the drawing pallette. I've never run into this before. The symptom is that the shape cannot be resized or manipulated in any way, because master shapes are read-only. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? (RTFM is a valid response, I guess, because I am no Visio expert.)

Thanks,
Bruce
Hi Bruce,

When you right-click on such an element you can go to format-protection. There you can deselect the protection you run into. I think that's the solution for your problem.

Best regards,

Tijs