The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

the-genius (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I tried to install the Eclipse Cimero 2 plug-in.
When i create new wizzard Enterprise Integration Diagram, i got the following exception :

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at org.eclipse.stp.eid.datamodel.diagram.part.MyCimeroEditorCreationWizardPage.createControl(MyCimeroEditorCreationWizardPage.java:115)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:170)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:669)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.setWizard(WizardDialog.java:1083)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1142)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$2(WizardDialog.java:1139)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$4.run(WizardDialog.java:112smilie
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1126)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardSelectionPage.advanceToNextPageOrFinish(NewWizardSelectionPage.java:71)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardNewPage$1.doubleClick(NewWizardNewPage.java:355)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:799)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:880)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:4smilie
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(StructuredViewer.java:797)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSelect(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1419)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:237)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.java:234)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:295)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$New.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:253)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:273)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:281)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:50smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:247)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:500)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:219smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:28smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:48smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

I tested on 3 computers in 3 differents version of Eclipse but all the time the same error. I think the problem come from the gmf plug in...
If Cimero2 work for you...do you use a particular configuration?

Thank you very much

Bertrand
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: cimero 2
Hi,

I did use a snapshot build the developers gave me. But the current version should solve the error you mentioned. I however tried to install the new version and it didn't work for me also. I sent an e-mail to the STP EID plugin developers, and I'm waiting for an answer. If we don't get this to work with a download release, I will provide a download that works from the esbinaction website. I will post a message to this forum either way.

Best regards,

Tijs
javamark (6) [Avatar] Offline
Has there been any movement on this?

I too installed the stp on ganymede 3.4 / 3.4.1

Both failed with the same exception.

Can the snapshot build version be made available?

Kind Regards

Mark
Hi,

I finally succeed to run the Cimero 2 plugin.

Just find these jars and copy them into the plugins eclipse directory :

Cimero2Editor.diagram_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor.edit_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor.editor_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor.generator_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor_1.0.0.jar

Regards

Bertrand
Bertrand

Where can I find these jars?

Cimero2Editor.diagram_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor.edit_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor.editor_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor.generator_1.0.0.jar
Cimero2Editor_1.0.0.jar

A link or zip would be useful.
So now I get the exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at DataModel.diagram.part.Cimero2EditorDiagramEditorUtil.addNewComponentModelToResource(Cimero2EditorDiagramEditorUtil.java:725)
at DataModel.diagram.part.Cimero2EditorDocumentProvider.createDocument(Cimero2EditorDocumentProvider.java:175)
at DataModel.diagram.part.Cimero2EditorDocumentProvider.createElementInfo(Cimero2EditorDocumentProvider.java:104)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.resources.editor.document.AbstractDocumentProvider.connect(AbstractDocumentProvider.java:387)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.resources.editor.parts.DiagramDocumentEditor.doSetInput(DiagramDocumentEditor.java:426)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.resources.editor.parts.DiagramDocumentEditor.setInput(DiagramDocumentEditor.java:389)
at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor.init(GraphicalEditor.java:31smilie
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramEditor.init(DiagramEditor.java:653)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.resources.editor.parts.DiagramDocumentEditor.init(DiagramDocumentEditor.java:116)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:799)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:643)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:42smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:594)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:266)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2820)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2729)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2721)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2673)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:266smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2652)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2635)
at DataModel.diagram.part.Cimero2EditorDiagramEditorUtil.openDiagram(Cimero2EditorDiagramEditorUtil.java:113)
at DataModel.diagram.part.Cimero2EditorCreationWizard$1.execute(Cimero2EditorCreationWizard.java:144)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:45smilie
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:366)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:934)
at DataModel.diagram.part.Cimero2EditorCreationWizard.performFinish(Cimero2EditorCreationWizard.java:154)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:742)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:373)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:22smilie
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$New.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:253)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:273)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:281)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:50smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:247)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:500)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:219smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:28smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:48smilie
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)
I am guessing that since the last commit of this was Nove 2007 that this won't be at all compatible with ganymede.

So does anybody had the definative list

What version of:
Eclipse
WTP
STP

...etc

or just a zip?
Hi,

Cimero 2 work for me with Eclipse Ganymede. I think you must just download the last release of eclipse and put the cimero jars into the plugins directory.
Next, you restart eclipse, create a new java project and add a cimero diagram with File - New - Cimero - Cimero diagram, not with Integration diagram as described in the book.

Let me now if it help you or not.

regards.

Bertrand
eclipse-modeling-ganymede-SR1-incubation-win32.zip:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/ganymede/SR1/eclipse-modeling-ganymede-SR1-incubation-win32.zip

Cimero2_1.0.zip
http://code.google.com/p/cimero2editor/downloads/detail?name=Cimero2_1.0.zip&can=2&q=

1) extract eclipse-modeling-ganymede-SR1-incubation-win32.zip to ./eclipse
2) extract Cimero2_1.0.zip to ./eclipse/plugins
3) start eclispe ./workspace
4) create a test project
5) add a cimero diagram

Works ! I guess eclipse-modeling-ganymede was the required host eclipse platform

Cheers everyone !