The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

srmchem (1) [Avatar] Offline
Rademakers,

I have embedded servicemix into a web application within the weblogic server for one of our integration projects. I am using servicemix 3.2.2 and weblogic 10.1. To sort out the dependencies and details of our actual prototype implementation I have been playing with some of the examples of several chapters of your book in the above proposed environment and I am able to successfully run them. As stated in one of your first chapters there is a dependency on ActiveMQ broker for servicemix. I am trying to run the chapter 3 examples without using ActiveMQ broker and instead use weblogic jms. I am unable to run and make the examples work.

After some web research I have realized that I cannot substitute the ActiveMQ dependency with Weblogic JMS and make your examples work ? I just wanted to confirm my understanding with you. I have also realized that such a dependency on ActiveMQ does not exist when I use Mule.

Would you be able to shed some light on this and clarify my understanding ?
Also I would appreciate if you can tell me how I can use JMS transport of Servicemix within weblogic without having to use ActiveMQ broker but instead using Weblogic JMS ?

Thanks a lot for your time

Siva Chemudupaty
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Can we use weblogic jms for the nmr
Hi Siva,

Servicemix is built on ActiveMQ and an ActiveMQ broker is started automatically when you start ServiceMix. Mule doesn't start an ActiveMQ broker, but does provide standard ActiveMQ JMS configuration, but also WebSphere MQ etc.
You can use the JMS transport of ServiceMix to use WebLogic JMS instead of ActiveMQ. More information is provided here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/discussion-forums.html#nabble-tt20159390

So by configuring a Spring JNDITemplate you should be able to get this done.

Best regards,

Tijs