The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

the-genius (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hello all,

i have a question about the cheapflow exemple of the chapter 4.
I had deployed my cheapflow sa on the hotdeploy directory.
My problem is when i run the Junit test. I have the response back to the customer only one time. I must each time restart the server (i also tried with jboss).
If i don't restart the serveur, i have the following message :
INFO [AggregateMessageLogger] state is not active so ignoring call

just for test, I tried to change manually the state but an exception occur...

I don't know if it's normal to restart each time de server?
Have you had problems with this example? It's very confusing for me...

thanks

Bertrand
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: questions about chapter 4
Hi Bertrand,

The aggregator uses an unique identifier to aggregate the two messages. For this simple example we have used an ISBN number for the unique identifier. If you run the unit test the first time, the unique identifier is not yet known in the aggregator cache of unique identifiers, so the aggregation takes place. But the second time you run the unit test, the ISBN number is already used and the aggregation doesn't take place. So in real life cases it's important to use a real unique number and not a ISBN number that can be sent more than once.
Hope this makes things a bit clearer.

Best regards,

Tijs
the-genius (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I understand your explanation. I want to tell you that your book il really helpful for me. It's a great documentation. I'm still student and it's very difficult to understand the esb. I do my studies in belgium and i must to develop a bus for a company for my training period.

Best regards.

Bertrand
sdparker (1) [Avatar] Offline
Tijs,
Is there a way to clear the aggregator cache? For the example I would still expect a response of some kind to the requester. Not just a timeout.

Thanks,
Steve