The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for the interest in this book. We look forward to your feedback and involvement in the creative process.

Richard, Karl, & Stuart
stuart.mcculloch (29) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome
Just want to second what Richard said, we'll be watching this forum so please send in your comments and corrections! Stay tuned for further updates about chapters 2, 3, and 4 and some neat code examples smilie
jettro (10) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks a lot for writing this book, we were thinking about writing this book ourselves, therefore I am very keen to see what you guys are going to write. The contents look very promising. Good luck with writing and keep those chapters coming smilie

greetz Jettro
Thanks for the words of encouragement Jettro, we are working as fast as we can... smilie
lcphill (4) [Avatar] Offline
I'm going to order the meap, both eBook and print; Will post any errata and, if possible, will try to contribute when/where I can (optimistic statement, as that is)... I have particular interest in build stuff, especially since I've been engaged in all things junit/j-mock/hamcrest as of late -- these have twists to the whole maven/pde environment (I prefer POJ projects and ANT, and the BUILDR effort has my attention; FWIW);
Sounds good. We look forward to your additional insight and perspective.
lcphill (4) [Avatar] Offline
A "cudo's" statement... The paragraph that crosses pages 21 into 22 (section 2.2) -- The discussion about java and platform and how .NET came up with "Assemblies" and the last paragraph -- about how OSGi brings us Java programmer's (ok, I do c/C++ and C# too LOL) into the modular fold and "much, much more" ... I love this whole paragraph; It's great; I sure hope it doesn't get "water'd" down in the final release! Cudo's!!
Thanks. I don't expect any watering down, but be sure you call us on it if you think it happens. smilie