The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

geraldbauer (17) [Avatar] Offline
Table 6.1 layout is requires some time to figure out.

By that I mean I have to study the where the element name ends. Perhaps this is a PDF presentation issue and not a hard copy issue. Specifically the first three elements, access-policy (that takes two lines), cross-domain-policy (takes three lines), and then policy (which is one line) all flow together as if it were one element name. I was not sure where the element name ended at first. Perhaps it is me, but having the element name on one row would be less cumbersome or having more white space to visually break it up better. The font size of element name and attribute name is different than required and description. Policy is capitalized in the table but not in the XML and the other element names are not capitalized.

I am not sure what the asterisk is for since there is no explanation. It just exists to exist?

This is good information and I want to know about it. I just have to spend more time trying to understand it in its current presentation state.
John.Stockton (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Table 6.1 layout
Thanks for the comments on that table. I've reformatted that table to make it more readable and the new version should be in the next MEAP version.

Please continue to point out anything you see, we want to make this book as good as we can.

Thanks,
John