The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

chad.campbell (42) [Avatar] Offline
Early Adopters!

We are really interested in your feedback regarding chapters 6 and 10. If you have any comments (positive and negative) related to these chapters, would you please add them to this thread?

Thank you,
Chad Campbell
Henrik Stroth (5) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Silverlight 2 in Action - Final Requests
Hello

Unfortunately my ebook doesen't contain chapter 6 and chapter 10!!!

However from reading the Table of Contents; I wish there will be some really good sample
on how to Crud with Silverlight.(Create,update,delete)
Henrik you're too quick on the draw smilie

We are trying to get chapter 6 and 10 out today. I created this thread in preparation for these chapters to be released.
Henrik Stroth (5) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for your answer.
kelps (1) [Avatar] Offline
Great news. I was waiting for this two chapters to come out.
Gofer01 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Where the chapter lesson download files,?

This is the 1st time I purchase a PDF book from Manning Publications.

I'm not very happy with the purchase. Right off the bat 2 minutes after I opened the PDF file I found a broken hyperlink file. (The link that ends with xyz) then I found out I have only 5 days to excess the book that I purchased with my hard earned money.

Then on every page is my name and e-mail address. I know my name and e-mail address. SO WHY DO I HAVE TO SEE THIS ON EVERY PAGE.

I suggest that Manning Publications should hire some of there authors to revamp the web site to make a true membership area, There the paying costomer can have excess at all time the products that they have purchased and have excess to the lesson help files to the purchase book.

Michael Summers
Hi Michael,

What lesson download files are you referring to? The code for this book will be available shortly. However, we do not have the responsibility of making all content available until the book is in a printed form.

In regards to the broken hyperlink, what is this hyperlink pointing to? Which page are you referring to?

I do not know for certain why your name and email address are on every page. However, I believe this is one of several content protection schemes used. This is one way to create accountability and deter individuals from illegally redistributing the content that we have put in countless hours on.

I encourage your feedback. However, I will be more prone to helping you if you provide more details and keep your tone at a respectable level.