The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

MyklK (3) [Avatar] Offline
We have a software component framework packaged in a DLL. With Silverlight's use of isolated storage, or just straight loading from a server (would seem slow in a browser experience - hence the isolated storage idea), would we be able to access our custom DLL on the client side for business calculations for the client without postbacks?

This seems to be to me what "Rich Internet Application" would be all about. But I haven't seen much on this concept.

#1 Can Silverlight accomplish this?
#2 Do you cover anything like this in your Book/Forum/In your private e-mail?

Thanks.
chad.campbell (42) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Will Silverlight carry our water?
Silverlight can accomplish this. In fact, this book does cover this scenario in chapter 11. it even discusses how to monitor the progress of the entire download.
MyklK (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Will Silverlight carry our water?
Ok, I bought the book and have looked in chapter 11 smilie

Here's my deal. I checked e.Cancelled and e.Error and that's not the problem it would seem.

I load the AssemblyPart and then get the Assembly. But I can't access my class out of there. How can I "see" what's in that assembly?

I know this is rapidly heading outside the scope of the book - so if you don't want to stray that far off topic - I understand.

P.S. Um, nevermind - I figured it out and your code in chapter 11 helped me do it! So my investment has already paid for itself already. Thanks man!

Thanks

Message was edited by: Typing some more characters...
MyklK