The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ikasovitch (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I have read your book and it was very useful to me. As a fan of C# I have expected to see more examples in C#. Specifically, code that is using Dependency Injectors in C#. Maybe instead of giving a lot of examples in Guice you can illustrate using Ninject instead.
One more thing, is it possible to give a comparison in a table of the features of each dependency injection libraries (both Java and C# libraries)?

thanks for your wonderful book.
dhanji.prasanna (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Depenedency Injection in C#
Thanks for the kind words!

I considered Ninject strongly. At the time I wrote most of the chapters, Ninject was a bit immature. It's definitely improved a lot and worth a second look--I'll see if I can work some more C# examples in if time permits.

There is a comparison table of DI libraries, coming in the appendices.
ikasovitch (4) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Depenedency Injection in C#
Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your effort. I Just want to say that I am going to lecture about dependency injection and your book helped me a lot.

best wishes.