badgerduke (12) [Avatar] Offline
Hello:

I want to index Microsoft Word documents for searching. Since Word is not plain text, how do you search Word documents? Do you need to use POI?

Thanks
emmanuel.bernard (101) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Microsoft Word
Yes POI is the classic approach. You write a FieldBridge that uses POI to extract the relevant info from your word document.
john.griffin (36) [Avatar] Offline
POI is going to be changing for the better over the next few months. With Microsoft releasing there file formats POI will have new and better libraries so keep a close eye on releases.
john.griffin (36) [Avatar] Offline
POI is going to be changing for the better over the next few months. With Microsoft releasing there file formats POI will have new and better libraries so keep a close eye on releases.
zlatan24 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Some days ago I was on the I-net and was searching there interesting applications. But unexpectedly I found out - word files corrupted and this tool astonished me reason of it worked out my old issue with doc files within a minutes and I didn't waste my money. Besides I learnt how this tool could work fine with Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows XP SP2 and other supported operating systems.
zlatan24 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Some days ago I was on the I-net and was searching there interesting applications. But unexpectedly I found out - word files corrupted and this tool astonished me reason of it worked out my old issue with doc files within a minutes and I didn't waste my money. Besides I learnt how this tool could work fine with Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows XP SP2 and other supported operating systems.