The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Henrik Stroth (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hope anyone can help me to find where to download the sourcecode for Silverlight in Action!

Henrik
chad.campbell (42) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Where can I download the sourcecode?
Hi Henrik,

Currently the source code associated with the book is not available. The book is going to be finalized with the Silverlight 2 release candidate. At that point, the source code for the book will be organized in an easily downloadable manner, which will be able to be retrieved from the official site listed a number of times in the book.

Thank you for your patience. Theres more content to come. I hope you have enjoyed the book thus far.
Henrik Stroth (5) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for answereing my question. Also there is more to come looking forward
dnaas (4) [Avatar] Offline
You really need to post the source code; if the chapter is written, then you should have source code.
MyklK (3) [Avatar] Offline
I would think that it's just as easy to upgrade the source as it is to upgrade the text of the chapters. I could be wrong though. Very, very wrong...
I would actually agree with you. I would have thought the same thing. However, I learned during the code conversion from Silverlight 1.1 to 2 that it took me approximately 2 hours per chapter. Because of this, I felt that it would be more beneficial to the community to spend time adding value to the book itself.

Once the release candidate is released, the book will be finalized on that content. Creating projects for each of the snippets is a great way to ensure that the content is correct. These projects will then be uploaded for download.

I apologize for the inconveinance. However, it is just a really time-consuming process.
cody.skidmore (22) [Avatar] Offline
Chad,

Any idea when the book will move to Release Candidate status?
Hi Cody,

Our goal for this book is that it will be consistent with the Silverlight 2 release candidate. Because of this, we will not provide a release candidate of the book until after Silverlight 2 reaches release candidate status. I can say that I have been in regular communication with a number of managers on the Silverlight 2 team. Because of this, I can say that we should be able to provide a release candidate of the book within three days of the availability of the Silverlight 2 release candidate. However, I cannot tell you when that is yet because it is not my place to announce when the Silverlight 2 RC will be available.

I hope this helps,
Chad